Thursday, February 05, 2009

Love Lockdown: The First Encounter

As promised, today is the beginning of an extended Valentine's Day celebration here at Souled On Music.

In honor of soul music's favorite holiday, I decided to invite some of my favorite writers and artists to assist me in identifying some of the greatest love joints of all time. I asked them to send along a few of their personal favorites, but I intentionally put no restrictions on genre or interpretation of the task (love, after all, manifests itself in a variety of different forms). I relied on the fact that my talented friends would bring their diverse tastes and unique perspectives to the challenge, and I am beyond confident that you'll be pleased with the entertaining and intriguing results.

Up to and including Valentine's Day, there will be one or more daily posts featuring the astounding array of submissions I received.

Gratitude to all of the phenomenal people who helped me realize this idea.

Those of you in the audience can help out as well:

*Use the comment boxes to thank these fine men and women for their time and let them know what you think of their selections.

*Visit the contributors' sites, blogs, MySpace pages, etc. to support their hustle, whatever it may be. There will be links at the end of every post for you to click to show your support.

*Let us know what some of your favorite love joints are. Remind us of great songs that we may have unintentionally overlooked. The more interaction from the audience, the more enjoyable the entire experience will be.

*Stop by daily to get down with us. This is definitely the place to be at the moment, children. In light of the quality of the upcoming posts, I'm confident that we have the goods to keep your love locked down for the duration of the series.

Hope you enjoy this little exercise half as much as we did.

First up is Mtume from Breath Of Life. Check for his selections and insightful commentary in just a few moments.

Be easy, kids...

It's all love,
Scholar

Word From Your Moms:

"The workings of the human heart are the profoundest mystery of the universe. One moment they make us despair of our kind, and the next we see in them the reflection of the divine image."---Charles W. Chesnutt

4 comments:

Lily Kane said...

huzzah! hooray! Thanks for this thing Scholar. Makes me feel like I'm running with the big dogs.

Penis Enlargement said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

god said...

I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic points you are writing on this site. My time-consuming internet lookup has at the end been honored with extremely good ideas to exchange with my pals. I ‘d express that many of us site visitors actually are extremely endowed to exist in a notable community with so many lovely individuals with useful points. I feel really fortunate to have used your webpage and look forward to so many more fun moments reading here. Thanks a lot again for a lot of things.
Interlaken hotels

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.