Saturday, February 07, 2009

Love Lockdown: The Feel It Edition


Here are a few tracks from a mix tape I made up many years ago that got lots of plays. They acted as a soundtrack (you know what I mean) for me and a certain girl all those years ago. That girl has now been my wife for more than 22 years.

We eventually lost the original mixtape. We had been staying in a hotel and had left it in the car. Went to the car one morning to find it unlocked (I was sure I had locked it the night before). There was no sign of forced entry or damage, but the mixtape had gone (others were still in the car I seem to remember)! Strange but true! I just hope whoever took it appreciated the fine music it contained.

Of course I still have the vinyl, so the tracks are...

Jean Carn - My Love Don't Come Easy
Roy Ayers - Everytime I See You
The Heath Brothers - For The Public
John Handy - Young Enough To Dream

Download Darcy's Valentine's Day Mix (LimeLinx)

Darcy's previous post @ Souled On

Visit Darcy via the amazing Feel It, where he recently posted some lovely joints by the almighty Delfonics...

Word From Your Moms:

"The question of love is one that cannot be evaded. Whether or not you claim to be interested in it, from the moment you are alive you are bound to be concerned with love, because love is not just something that happens to you: It is a certain special way of being alive. Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life." - Thomas Merton

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to your wifey. I haven't heard any John Handy for awhile, so thanks for that.

Styler said...

Smooth selection my man, no wonder your lady said "Yes!"

I'm thinking that tape should be a feature in a new book, "50 ways to keep your lover"

peace

Darcy said...

Thanks Scholar for the opportunity to once again be featured in your always excellent blog (I often think we should find another name for these things that we do - the word "blog" sounds so ugly somehow). And once again I take my hat off to you - I know how much admin must be going into compiling this Love Lockdown series.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.