Friday, August 10, 2007

Fufu Stew's Funkiest 45s in F

My pal Vincent from Fufu Stew may still be relatively new to the blogging game, but it seems as effortless for him as if he'd been doing it for centuries. Focus, skills, and delicious ingredients combine to create magical recipes that he serves up in generous helpings to his many voracious readers. In fact, he creates such a cornucopia of delectable concoctions that he has enough for leftovers and some scrumptious Fufu Snax. If you hunger for a variety of tasty musical selections, Vincent will undoubtedly keep you fat, happy, and well-fed.

Vincent mentioned to me that he feels this mix is his finest effort so far, and I'm inclined to agree. This is the starting point for a "best of" series he is planning, although it's hard to imagine how can he can top his previous top-quality endeavors. I've already listened to this mix several times from beginning to end, and I believe it's destined to blow your little minds. With that, I give you the amazing Vincent...


Hello, kiddies.

Thank you Scholar for letting me jump on board... I owe you and your readers a huge debt of gratitude for all of your support over these past few months. If I hadn't posted that King Curtis 45 back in the Spring, who knows where I'd be right now...Anyway, on with the festivities.

This guest post is brought to you by the letter "F". Why? As I began preparing this recipe, which pretty much took on a life of its own as I started sampling the ingredients, I found the common thread that made this extra special. This is an all 45 rpm exercise of some of the funkiest nuggets that I could find in the Fufu Stew pantry (purchased or otherwise obtained from the mighty blog community), presented in the key of F. Thanks mommy for plunking out the chords for me... Gather round the ol' victrola and have a listen.

Fufu Stew's Funkiest 45s in F (mp3)


01 Here Comes The Judge-Pigmeat Markham (Chess)


02 Charge-The Mod Squad (Tangerine)


03 Tuck's Theme-Bill Deal & The Rhondells (Heritage)


04 Vacuum Cleaner-The Isley Brothers (T Neck)
05 Working My Way Back-The Unifics (Fountain)


06 Freedom Blues-Little Richard (Reprise)
07 There's A DJ In Your Town-Samson & Delilah (Indigo)*
08 TCB Or TYA-Bobby Patterson (Jetstar)**


09 Do It To Me One More Time-Joey Gilmore (Phil L.A. Of Soul)


10 Golly Zonk, It's Scat Man-Scat Man Crothers (Hanna Barbera)


11 Sock It To 'Em, J.B. Pt. 1-Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers (Like)



12 Do The African Twist-The Mad Men (Gamble)
13 Intermission: The Beat Goes On (Phase 2&3)-Vanilla Fudge (Atco)***
14 Sock It To 'Em Soul Brother-Bill Moss (Loren)****
15 Humpin' Thumpin' And Bumpin'-Andre Williams (Checker)*


16 The Seeds Of Life Pts. 1&2-Harlem River Drive (Roulette)


17 We Are Neighbours-Chi-Lites (Brunswick)
18 Till I Get My Share-Clarence Reid (Alston)**


19 Mr. Penguin Pts. 1&2-Lunar Funk (Bell)
20 You're Losing Me-Ann Sexton (Seventy Seven)**
21 Blow Your Whistle-Soul Searchers (Sussex)


22 The Drunk-James Brown (Bethlehem)


23 Soul For Sale-Ace Cannon (Hi)
24 Yes-Suh'-Charlie Earland's Erector Set (Eldorado)
25 Exitus: The Beat Goes On (Phase 4)-Vanilla Fudge (Atco)***

*Thank you DJ Bluewater... He's da muthafukkin' man! Visit djbluewater.com and you'll see why.
**Lest I forget what brought me to this point in time, thanks to the Nazty Soundz Tribe team for the jumpstart...
***Taken from the eclectic concept LP "The Beat Goes On", circa 1968
****While I have owned the "Eccentric Capsoul" comp CD for quite some time, I used an .mp3 from an old episode of Galactic Fractures, simply for the sake of preserving the integrity of this all 45 mix. Thanks PJ!

Word From Your Moms:



"It doesn't matter what you believe as long as you're sincere." - Linus Van Pelt

Peace and blessings.

4 comments:

red one said...

Mmmm! Thanks Vincent!

Anonymous said...

Hey Scholar! The post looks fantastic! Just in time to celebrate Vinyl Record Day on Sunday, which I failed to tell you about. Sorry bout that, chief. Visit http://vinylrecordday.org/ for all the details...

HSB DaveB. said...

Fabulous mix!! I think I've only heard 2 or 3 of these songs before. Superb work from the Soul Chef, indeed.
Peace and SOUL,
Dave...

Sophie Grace said...

I am fascinated this informative article. There are so many things mentioned here I had never thought of before. You have made me realize there is more than one way to think about these things . We also provide a site piknu about instagram .